Tired of experiencing unexpected lows? Worried about hypos? To avoid low glucose levels and maintain good glucose control, it is important to know where your glucose levels are and where they are heading. The MiniMed® 640G System^ with SmartGuard™ is designed to help protect you, so you can feel more secure.
SMARTGUARD™: One step closer towards closed loop technology
MiniMed® 640G combines the intelligence of SmartGuard™ with the accuracy of Enlite™, to help mimic the function of a healthy pancreas, providing advanced protection against hypoglycaemia1
- Based on your sensor glucose values, SmartGuard™ can predict when you are approaching low glucose levels 30 minutes in advance and automatically stop insulin delivery**.
- When your glucose levels recover, SmartGuard™ will automatically resume insulin delivery***.
- SmartGuard™ allows you to set multiple low limits throughout the day to give you increased protection when you need it most. You have the option to choose the time, day or night to enable this feature.
Helps to reduce the number of hypoglycaemic events.1
The MiniMed® 640G can now dynamically stop insulin delivery with a suspend feature and can significantly reduce the number of hypoglycaemic events2. Research shows that 93% of those who used a suspend feature in their pump felt more secure2 managing their diabetes. MiniMed® 640G also has these additional features for increased protection:
- Active insulin tracking, so the insulin still working in your body is displayed on the pump screen and taken into account in the Bolus Wizard™ recommendation.
- Bolus progress bar, allowing you to see the amount of bolus insulin being delivered and the ability to easily stop a bolus at any time.
- Predictive battery life, so you know when your battery will run out before it happens.